Get in on the conversation! To leave a comment, just click on a post title.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Guest Post Group: Star-Crossed Smile's Dressing for Confidence

As part of the Guest Post Group, created by Ashley of Two Eyes in the Mirror, this month I teamed up with Jen and Kam of the closet narcissist to write this guest post!  Thank you for having me on your blog, Jen and Kam!


cardigan and flats- forever 21, dress- target, tights- old, earrings- gift
Jen and Kam's blog focuses on building confidence, so I thought I would share an outfit that I feel confident in.  This is the type of outfit I feel most comfortable in - a pretty dress, a cardigan, matching earrings, and flats.  I can use this formula for an outfit any day and feel confident that I look put-together and cute.








Even though this is a fairly simple outfit, I love the feeling that putting together a cute outfit gives me.  I can be having a crappy day and just getting dressed can make me feel tons better.  It's funny that clothes can have such an effect on us, but I would definitely say that looking 'presentable' on the outside gives me a good feeling on the inside.  Along those lines, starting a personal style blog has increased my confidence by leaps-and-bounds when it comes to what I wear.  They aren't always huge fashion risks that I'm taking, but it's fun to see when I've put together an outfit that I wouldn't even have thought of a few months ago.  


I want to know, do clothes make you feel confident too, and if so, how?


If you are interested in learning more about the Guest Post Group and/or joining, check out this post - it's got all you need to know!  Nnenna is a 21-year-old college student from CA but currently living in CT.  On her blog star-crossed smile, she writes about her personal style and daily life, including a weekly feature on her knitting. 


Thanks for partnering with us this month, Nnenna!!


Be sure to check out our return guest post on star-crossed smile on how we dress for confidence!