Get in on the conversation! To leave a comment, just click on a post title.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Top 5 iPhone apps to make you look your hottest-to-trottest


I am in love with my iPhone. A little too much so, probably. It is my constant companion...it knows what I need before I even know I need it...it aids me every time I am out and about...sigh, it's the greatest. :) I wanted one for sooo long, and KameraWhore and I finally got them at the same time a few months ago so as to be able to conduct business on them and social network from anywhere.

I thought I'd do a little entry on our favorite photo apps. They're so much fun to play around with and get different effects. I have decent Photoshop skills, but let's face it, that takes a crapload of time. Doing something on an app is so much less work! (Or, if you don't have an iPhone or need something that handles higher resolution photos and don't want to use Photoshop, try www.picnik.com. It's a pretty fabulous, and fun, web site where you can edit photos quickly and do all kinds of special effects to them!)

So here are our 5 top fave apps with an example of each!

1) Best Camera

Joy Williams, o favorite singer of mine, told me about this app, and for some reason I lagged behind on getting it until today. But it's really really cool! I like it so much that I actually put the regular camera app on the very last app page and put this one in its place on the first page. The camera functions just like the normal one does, but then you have features that change the colors and such of the picture that just make them look better than the plain old camera can. They look a little less like a cell phone pic. Me in no makeup - ahhhh!!!


2) Quad Cam

This is like a photo booth within iPhone. It takes a series of 4 or 8 photos in a row and packages them all together in a grid, and it looks really cool. It's what we used to take our "framed" photos and also what I used to show my e.l.f. haul. You can change the timer settings, as well as color/contrast. 


3) Lo-Mob

Hmm...this one might be our #1 fave. These are in no particular order anyway. It gives your photos a really cool vintage vibe, with tons of filters and frames to choose from. You can use the filters without the frames and vice versa as well. It really transforms your pictures into something extra cool! Our favorite filters/frames are usually the AE TTV Saturated and Desaturated. It adds speckles and "noise" to your photos to really make them look old, and the colors and effects are just so different and neat.


4) Hipstamatic

Joy told me about this one as well. (I kept asking her what apps she was using because her phone photos always look so awesome.) It comes with a couple of basic packages, and then you can add more for 99 cents each, which I did. There are so many combinations of coolness in this app. The only thing I wish were different about it: you can't take a picture and then go into the app to edit it. You have to choose your settings before you take the photo, and then that's that. But it's still really neat. It also has a vintagey vibe with old-school effects.


5) MoreBeaute

This is not a camera app but is a photo editing app. The main thing I like about it is that it is a way to make yourself look airbrushed without any effort. It smooths out the skin and makes it look more even and soft and kinda glowy.


And there you have it!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Great post! I'll be looking into these apps for sure. I am also obsessed with my iphone and love a good photo app. Thanks for the tips!

P.S. I'll be posting about our shopathon soon. ;)

Post a Comment

Hey, you made it this far down. You wouldn't wanna leave without saying hello, now, would ya?