Get in on the conversation! To leave a comment, just click on a post title.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tag: 40 Beauty Questions



flickr photo by melanie-d


I saw this survey on Poor College Student's blog, Maquilagem Masstige, and thought I'd give it a whirl since she said she was tagging everyone who reads it. ;)

SKIN CARE

How many times do you wash your face daily? If I'm being completely honest...there are some nights when I do good to wash my face at all before falling asleep. I have so much going on right now, and some nights I am just too exhausted. Thankfully, my oily skin loves powder, so it at least keeps the oil soaked up, and I haven't really had a problem with breakouts. I don't wash my face in the morning (unless I didn't wash it the night before, and then I do) and haven't in years. At least for my skin type, I found it was way too taxing on my skin to wash twice a day. I do moisturize every morning, though.

What skin type do you have? Combination oily/dry. Not overly sensitive.

What is your current facial wash? Clearasil and Avalon Organics lavender face wash

Do you exfoliate? Usually once a day or every other day.

What brand do you use? Aveeno Positively Radiant scrub

What moisturizer do you use? Trader Joe's Enrich facial lotion or Oil of Olay anti-aging

Do you have freckles? Nope.

Do you use eye cream? No, I just make sure to dab the anti-aging moisturizer around my eyes and find that it does the job just fine.

Do you or did you have acne-prone skin? I don't now as long as I use certain products, but I definitely did in high school, and the memories of that aren't fond. It seemed like the more I tried, the worse it got, and it was so frustrating, especially being at a sensitive age. I remember my mom taking me to the dermatologist and having nothing really work for me. I suppose it was just my age/hormones; eventually, I just kind of grew out of it.

Did you ever have to use Pro-activ? We couldn't afford it when I was in high school...I think it was more expensive then. As an adult, someone gave me some she'd bought for her son because he refused to use it, and I liked it, but it was too many steps. However, every time I see the infomercials, I REALLY want to buy it, even though I don't really need it!! But these days, when I have a "visitor" pop up unannounced, my go-to is e.l.f.'s Zit Zapper...it has tea tree oil and salicylic acid, and it works fast...and I like that you don't have to touch it to apply it because it goes on with a roller ball.

MAKEUP

What foundation do you use? Urban Decay mineral foundation, Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet +.

How about concealer? e.l.f. Concealer/Highlighter Duo or Revlon New Complexion foundation as concealer.

What do you think of fake eyelashes? I love them and think they're a lot of fun. There was a time a couple years ago when I decided my lashes just weren't long enough...I have a lash obsession, you know...and I started wearing falsies EVERY DAY!! Once you really get the hang of it, they don't take long to apply. But at some point, I started asking myself, "WHY are you doing this?!" People were telling me that they couldn't even tell I was wearing falsies or would ask if I was wearing them when I wasn't. As I got used to my regular ole lashes again, I realized they were long enough on their own. I do still LOVE falsies for special occasions, though!!! They are instant glamor.

Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months? Yes, but I am usually about at the end of a tube by that time anyway.

What brand of mascara do you use? My very, very favorite is e.l.f. Mineral Mascara. It has the popular rubbery bristles but separates, adds length, adds volume, and blackens like no other mascara I have ever tried. I haven't had a "bad lash day" since I started using it; they always come out perfect. I also like Sephora's Lash Plumper mascara, which I recently got in a b'day kit from them, but you can't beat $3 a tube for e.l.f.

Sephora or MAC? I haven't bought MAC in years, so I guess I'd say Sephora, though I don't buy that much stuff from there lately due to $$.

Do you have a MAC Pro-card? No.

What makeup tools do you use in makeup application? I apply liquid foundation with my fingers (I like the finish better than with a brush) or e.l.f. Studio Complexion brush for mineral foundation...e.l.f. Studio blush brush for blush...e.l.f. Studio Complexion brush for powder...e.l.f. brow/lash comb...e.l.f. C eyeshadow brush or whatever sponge brush comes in an eyeshadow case.

Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes? Yes, always. I might as well not apply eye makeup at all if I don't use a primer. I don't currently use Urban Decay Primer Potion but have in the past, and it's great. My everyday favorite is e.l.f.'s $1 eye primer, and when I really need it to last and last, I use one by Editor's Pick that came in a Christmas present makeup kit from KameraWhore.

For the face? Yes, when I really need to make sure my makeup will last extra. For everyday, usually moisturizer is enough. I am still using Lime Crime's discontinued primer, which I LOVE. :( I have also found a new love for Urban Decay's All Nighter spray, which is hairspray for your face. (Sorry to be repetitive, but I thought KW's description of it was cute!)

What is your favourite eyeshadow (color or shade)? I don't think I can even answer that question! It depends on my mood. I have all the colors of the rainbow.

Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner? Typically pencil because I like being able to smudge it a bit for a softer look. I use liquid when I need a really dramatic look or gel when I need something in between.

How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil? I don't think I ever have.

What do you think of pigment eyeshadows? I prefer pressed because they're less messy and easier to travel with.

Do you use mineral makeup? Yes, for foundation and powder. My skin loves it. With the exception of MUFE, my skin just doesn't stay quite as clear with liquid foundations. I think Physician's Formula pressed mineral powder is THE perfect finishing powder. It's like a magic eraser.

What is your favorite lipstick? Hmmm, let me think on that a moment...let's see, whose lipsticks have I been promoting and doting on since Day One? LIME CRIME!! :)

How about lipgloss? Pixi Vitamin Lip Silk in Flora and Amfinite.

What is your favourite blush to use? e.l.f. $1 blush in Glow

Do you buy your makeup on ebay? I have bought a couple off there in the past.

Do you like drugstore makeup? Yes.

Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)? I've bought off of a web site like that, if that counts. Managed to snag some discontinued Revlon Skin Lights stuff, which I love.

Did you ever consider taking makeup classes? No, it's something that came to me naturally since I was little (maybe because I paint and draw? Or maybe just from watching my mom), and if there's something I don't know how to do, I just look it up online. :)

Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? No.

Name a makeup crime that you hate? When mascara companies use falsies in their ads. When women wear dark, dark lip liner with light lipstick...I'm sorry, I just can't get behind that!

Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick, eyeshadow) or neutral ones? It depends on my mood and what I'm wearing, but typically, the more colorful, the better!

Which celebrity always has great makeup? Jennifer Love Hewitt is a constant makeup and hair inspiration for me. I spent more time than I'd care to admit looking for the perfect peachy lip product to match the ones she wears on Ghost Whisperer. She's gorgeous! I think she strikes a great balance between glamor and natural. Though I have to have my pops of color most days too. Doe Deere of Lime Crime is a celeb to me, and her makeup is always flawless and inspirational.

If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item,what would you use? I have to have something on my lips at all times; they're addicted.

Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on? Of course!

Do you think you look good even without any makeup on? I think I look good enough to where it doesn't bother me, though I do prefer how I look with makeup, and my skin actually acts up more when I don't wear it.

In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line? I can't say just one. e.l.f., Lime Crime, Urban Decay.

What do you think of makeup? It's one of my favorite forms of self-expression and artistry. I really have fun with it!

I tag everyone who reads this as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, you made it this far down. You wouldn't wanna leave without saying hello, now, would ya?