Get in on the conversation! To leave a comment, just click on a post title.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

2011 Faces of e.l.f. Contest Entry


Just wanted to let you all know that today I entered e.l.f. Cosmetics' yearly contest for a face to represent their brand for the next year for the age 30-39 group, eeek. If you've been reading our blog for any length of time, you know I'm an avid fan of e.l.f.'s cheap but quality cosmetics! KameraWhore and I don't believe in confidence primarily coming from your appearance, of COURSE, but we do believe in sharing ways you can improve your appearance to feel better about yourself, and we don't think that's wrong when it's within reason and coming from a healthy attitude. I thought entering would be fun just to see what happens. Plus, I would love the exposure it could get for our blog's message of self-love because it's a burning desire on our hearts to spread it. To me, e.l.f. represents a "happy" kind of beauty, if that makes sense...beauty for real people on normal budgets who believe makeup can enhance the greatness that's already there...makeup you feel happy in.

Here's my statement in the entry:

Besides being an e.l.f. fan from its beginning days, I co-run a blog called "the closet narcissist," which is all about helping girls and women develop more self-confidence. Makeup is fun and creative and can increase confidence when your inner beauty already shines through! I believe in celebrating self-love, and it's my mission to share this message and show that we're all beauties if we know how to tap into it. I know that e.l.f. promotes real beauty as well, so we'd be a perfect pair!


I would love your votes! It's not a popular vote-based contest, but votes give you better chances to win other prizes, and plus, hey, they feel good, if I'm being honest. heehee

Here's my page where you can see my entry and vote: