Get in on the conversation! To leave a comment, just click on a post title.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holiday Makeup Tutorial (our 1st video!)



If you're anything like me, this time of year makes you want to buy a new holiday party dress (even if you don't have a party to go to) and buy even more shimmery, sparkly makeup you probably don't need (because you've amassed quite a collection in years past already). 


I find it damn near impossible to resist buying makeup that promises to "highlight" or has the word "shimmer" in it. I wish to dip a big, fluffy brush into pink shimmer powder and cover my entire face in it with abandon, and then go back over it with a gold one, and then an iridescent glitter, without looking completely ridiculous! Am I the only one who has this urge to turn myself into a disco ball around the holidays?? I don't wear much shimmery stuff in the summer (except on my eyes) because my face is oilier in warmer weather, so the last thing it needs is extra shine. In the winter, my skin is drier, so I can get away with it a little bit more!


I thought I'd do a holiday makeup tutorial for you with all the traditional colors: red, green, silver, and gold. Shimmer and glitter galore but wearable to any office or family party. 




This is our very first TCN video, and I admit, I am exceptionally nervous about it!!! But maybe you'll get something out of it? I don't know if you can tell, but I was trying really hard not to laugh throughout the entire thing. I think next time I need to work on speaking more slowly! Oh, and hopefully next time, I won't have a big bruise on my arm.


And finally, here are some cute holiday party dresses we love!






Hope you're enjoying the season so far! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, you made it this far down. You wouldn't wanna leave without saying hello, now, would ya?